NEW PROCESS FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS ONLY:
If you are a new, incoming, or current undergraduate student, and you wish to request a residency classification, you will apply using the new Residency Determination Service (RDS).
RDS is the entity responsible for all new classifications of residency in North Carolina.
- To begin the process, visit www.NCresidency.org
- ALL undergraduate student inquiries about initial determinations, reconsiderations or appeals, should be directed to RDS, the sole authority for undergraduate residency determinations. You may reach RDS by telephone or email:
- Phone: 844-319-3640
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The Residency Determination Office is now located in McEniry 113
If you are a new, incoming graduate student or a current graduate student at UNC Charlotte, you will request a residency classification using the online UNC Charlotte Residence and Tuition Status application.
- To start your application, click here.
- Spring 2018 application submission begins on October 16, 2017.
- The filing deadline for receipt of the NC Residence and Tuition Status Application in the Residency Determination Office along with all required documentation is the 5th day of classes by 5:00 PM.
- ALL graduate student inquiries about residency determination, should be directed to the Residency Determination Office:
- Phone: 704-687-5122
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: McEniry 113