NEW PROCESS FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS ONLY:
If you are a new, incoming, or current undergraduate student, and you wish to request a residency classification, you will apply using the new Residency Determination Service (RDS).
As of February 20, 2017, RDS is the entity responsible for all new classifications of residency in North Carolina.
- To begin the process, visit www.NCresidency.org
- ALL undergraduate student inquiries about initial determinations, reconsiderations or appeals, should be directed to RDS, the sole authority for undergraduate residency determinations. You may reach RDS by telephone or email:
- Phone: 844-319-3640
- Email: email@example.com
If you are a new, incoming graduate student or a current graduate student at UNC Charlotte, you will request a residency classification using the online UNC Charlotte Residence and Tuition Status application.
- To start your application, click here.
- The filing deadline for receipt of the NC Residence and Tuition Status Application in the Residency Determination Office along with all required documentation is the 5th day of classes by 5:00 PM.
- ALL graduate student inquiries about residency determination, should be directed to the Residency Determination Office:
- Phone: 704-687-5122
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: Cedar Hall, 3rd Floor, Room 34B